After Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced trashing of old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 bank notes to curb black money, RBI has released the details of newly minted Rs 500 and Rs 2000 bank notes. The new Rs 500 note is completely different from the old note while the new Rs 2000 note has 17 major features to make it stand out.
Key Features of Rs 500 new currency :
- Â The RBI will issue Rs.Â 500 denomination banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series with inset letter â€˜Eâ€™ in both the number panels. The note will have the signature of Governor Dr Urjit R Patel and will bear the year of printing ‘2016â€™ and Swachh Bharat Logo printed on the reverse of the bank note.
- The new size of the note is 66mm x150mm and the new colour of the note is stone grey.
- On the back side of the note, an image of the Red Fort with Indian flag has been placed.
- Other features include intaglio printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines, circle with ? 500 in the right, and the identification mark to enable the visually impaired person to identify the denomination.
Key Features of Rs 2000 new currency:
Front side features
1. See-through numeral 2000
2. Denominational numeral 2000Â in Devnagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
4. Micro letters â€˜RBIâ€™ and â€˜2000â€™ on the left side of the banknote
5. Windowed security thread with inscriptions â€˜????â€™, RBI and 2000 on banknotes with colour shift. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
6. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right and Mahatma Gandhi portrait anÂ ..
7. For visually impaired: Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines and identity mark
8. Horizontal rectangle with 2000 in raised print on the right
9. Seven angular bleed lines on left and right side in raised print
Back side features
1. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
2. Motif of Mangalayan
3. Denominational numeral 2000Â in Devnagari